Keep up-to-date with the latest football activities in the Central region on twitter @sfa_central
The Falkirk Football Community Foundation are on the look-out for a community officer .
Location: The Falkirk Stadium
Responsible to: Community Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £12,000 - £15,000
FFCF delivers innovative and diverse community programmes. Our community football programme, recognised through the Scottish Football Association Quality Mark as a Community Club, provides a fun and nurturing environment for children and young people to develop their skills with players in our community teams regularly attracting attention from professional clubs. Our social programmes use the power of football and other to sports increase confidence and self-esteem, improve health and wellbeing and increase people’s employability and life skills.
The Community Officer will work across these various programmes but predominately coaching, working with all ages and ability ranges as well as have the confidence of delivering in front of large groups. You will organise and deliver the day-to-day community activities, ensuring these activities are delivered in a fun and safe environment but in an efficient and professional manner.
1. To provide coaching / instruction / facilitation as appropriate to individuals / groups to a range of sports and activities throughout the year, including the preparation of plans and risk assessments.
2. To ensure the effective delivery of community activities, working to an agreed budget at all times
3. To monitor, review and evaluate the success of each activity.
4. To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage participation.
5. To be an active member of FFCF, representing the Foundation external, liaising and supporting other colleagues.
6. To lead on coaching courses and assist other coaches, ensuring disciplined is maintained on all activities.
7. To assist in the development and implementation of all marketing initiatives ensuring projects are fully subscribed
8. To raise any direct or indirect welfare concerns of any participant with your line manager, in line with Child Protection Policy.
9. To provide written reports when required.
10. Ensure files and computer databases are kept up to date and are in line with data protection guidelines.
11. Ensure the safe practise and the physical, mental, social and moral well being of participants and other staff members at all times.
12. To promote the belief and ethos of the Foundation to all participants.
13. Undertake appropriate training requirements which will support your personal development and keep an accurate record in your CPD log
14. Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required to successfully fulfil the objectives of the Foundation.
Employment is conditional on the successful applicant undergoing reference and PVG checks.
Experience of delivering football and other sports programmes.Experience of working with challenging participants, aggressive behaviour, and those with low self
Knowledge and Understanding: A knowledge and understanding of physiology, anatomy and psychological aspects of training.
A knowledge of event planning. An understanding of those deemed NEET (not in education, employment or training) and socially disadvantaged groups
Skills and Abilities: The ability to organise and to be self-motivated. A willingness to undertake continuous personal development.
The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Completely IT literate.
Qualifications: Appropriate HND/HNC qualification. Minimum Level 3 Children and Youth Coaching certifications.
Applicants should hold a full clean driving licence/Valid First Aid Certificate/ Level 4 Children & Youth Coaching certifications.
To apply please send your CV together with a letter outlining your skills and experience and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
David Craig, Chief Executive, Falkirk Football Community Foundation, The Falkirk Stadium, Westfield, Falkirk FK2 9DX.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 6th March 2013 at 12:00pm. Interviews will be held on Monday, 11th March 2013.