- This is the final stage of the player development process, and this lasts for the rest of the individual’s playing career.
- The focus of training at this stage is about creating winning performances on every occasion, whether this is at club (regardless of level), professional club and/or international level.
- To maximise performance the environment of the players must encourage the full spectrum of technical, tactical, physical conditioning and psychological support.
- The higher the level a player is performing at, the more committed they must be. Being a top level performer means being an athlete 24/7.
- The higher the level of performance the more specialist coaching and support expertise is required.