Job Title Regional Administrator (South East Region)
Reporting to The Scottish FA Regional Manager (South East).
Overall Purpose of Job:
This position is pivotal in achieving the efficient delivery of the Scottish FA “Scotland United” Strategy across the region. Its purpose is to work closely with the Scottish FA Regional Manager in providing a support service to the Region.
It is expected that you will assist the Region at all levels as directed by the Scottish FA Regional Manager, providing assistance and clerical support as required.
Finally, you will assist in developing a positive culture within the Region based on achieving the vision of the Scottish FA Scotland United Strategy.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please email your completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 25th July 2018. Please state the Reference no. HR/078 in the subject field of your application email. If you have not been asked for interview by the 27th July, please assume that your application will not be taken any further.
Please be aware that CVs will not be accepted.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide full administrative support to the Regional Manager, Regional Staff and the Scottish FA when required.
- To support and administer the Girls’ and Women’s regional youth competitions.
- To maintain football administration system to monitor player and volunteer participation levels within designated “Scotland United” Strategy Projects.
- To act as coordination support for Regional Squads and Development Programmes.
- To attend quarterly Regional Committee meetings and provide a minute-taking service.
- To assist with the Region and Scottish FA with any events/activities. As part of this out of hours working may be required from time to time.
- To act as a point of contact for all regional related enquiries and to liaise with the Football Development Department at Hampden Park on all admin related matters.
- To administer the Regional Coach Education Programme liaising with the Football Development Department.
- Stock control of the Coach Education Resources.
- Responsible for the updating of Regional Social Media and liaising with the Football Development Department on website updates.
- To provide administration support to and liaise with the Football Development Officers on a regular basis as part of the Community Scheme.
- General typing and the maintenance of databases to include reporting of regional projects, financial book keeping, and ordering of kit.
- Any other reasonable duties on request
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record in administration
- Experience of event scheduling and/or working as part of an event organising team
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of working with budgets
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of partnership working and working across agencies
- Working with and supporting volunteers.
- Knowledge of Scottish Football structures
Qualifications & Training
- Standard Grade Maths and English Level 3 or above or equivalent qualification
- HNC or above in Administration
- HNC in sports related field or event planning
- Scottish FA Football Coaching Qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating skills, with the ability to contribute to report writing
- Fully conversant in MS Office applications, and especially Word and Excel
- Takes pride in delivering a professional service to customers both personally, and as a participative team member
- Takes pride in and takes ownership for the quality and standards of own work
- Able to set and work to clear objectives and challenging deadlines
- Understanding and approachable manner
- Team player and able to use own initiative when necessary.
- Evidence of a ‘can-do’ attitude, with the ability and willingness to problem solve, involving others when necessary
Additional Related Requirements
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Full driving licence
Competitive Salary and Benefits.