Role Description for Safeguarding Officer – Mental Health & Wellbeing League
The Scottish Mental Health & Wellbeing League is seeking to appoint an individual to the role of League Safeguarding Officer.
- Implement the Scottish Para-Football “Protected Adult Safeguards” policy.
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the “Protected Adult Safeguard” policy.
- Regularly report to the Scottish Mental Health & Wellbeing League Management Committee
- Raise awareness of the Safeguarding Officer role to coaches/volunteers and players involved within the League.
- Raise awareness of codes of conduct.
- Challenge behaviour which breaches codes of conduct.
- Keep abreast of development in the field of Wellbeing and protection by liaising with the Scottish FA Child Wellbeing and Protection team, attending relevant training or events and subscribing to the Safeguarding in Sport newsletter.
- Organise/signpost appropriate training for those working/volunteering with protected adults.
- Establish and maintain contact with the relevant statutory agencies including the police and social services.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the wellbeing of a protected adult or conduct of a coach/volunteer towards a protected adult.
- Maintain confidential records of reported cases and action taken.
- Where required liaise with the Scottish FA Wellbeing and Protection Manager and or statutory agencies and ensure they have access to all necessary information.
- The ability to build relationships with League players, parents/carers, protected adults and the Scottish FA Child Wellbeing team.
- An interest in the wellbeing and safeguarding of persons living with a mental health illness and adult protection matters.
- A willingness to challenge opinion, where necessary, and to drive the adult protection agenda.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to deal with sensitive situations with integrity.
- The confidence and good judgement to manage situations relating to the poor conduct/behaviour of others towards a protected adult.
- Attend relevant training, namely Children’s Wellbeing in Scottish Football and Managing Children’s Wellbeing in Scottish Football.
- Experience working with protected adults.
For further information or to be considered for the role please contact: Laura.Anderson@scottishfa.co.uk