Both competitions organised by the SSFA to establish the local regional champions concluded on Tuesday 1st June at Ochilview Stadium, Stenhousemuir.

The outcome after the two games saw Bishopbriggs Academy come out on top at under 13 while the all conquering Saint Ambrose under 15 secured their fourth trophy of a magnificent season.

The under 13 game was a great advert for schools football , played in good spirit and full of excellent play, goalmouth action and the drama of a penalty shoot out between Bishopbriggs and Stirling High School.

In an end to end game both teams hit the woodwork, keepers made great saves and there were goal line clearances but no goals in the first period.  Bishopbriggs opened the scoring after 2 minutes of the second half when Chris Jackson’s long range shot evaded the Stirling keeper but crept under the bar for the first goal of the game.
Stirling responded well and Connor Hird netted when he slipped a low shot past the keeper having been put in the clear.

After a few near things Bishopbriggs went ahead again when Andrew Diamond shot home from twelve yards out.
Stirling showed their fighting qualities and Greg Brown, up for a late corner forced the ball over the line.

Full time came with the scores tied and it was Bishopbriggs who held their nerve in the penalty shoot out to win it 4 – 2.

SSFA representative and Central Region Committee chairman, Stewart Taylor presented the medals to the winners and losers at the end of a magnificent game.

The second game at Under 15 level was between Saint Ambrose HS Coatbridge and Saint Maurice’s HS of Cumbernauld.  Having secured the Scottish Cup, The British Isles Cup and the Lanarkshire Schools’ FA League Trophy in recent weeks, Saint Ambrose started as strong favourites.
St Maurice’s put up a good fight but never really threatened the St Ambrose goal.

Dale Dickson netted after only five minutes following a neat turn and shot from the edge of the box. Just before the half hour mark full back Chris O’Neil fired over the ball from wide right. Whether it was a shot or a cross only Chris will know but it evaded the St Maurice’s keeper and ended up in the net.

11 minutes into the second half it was effectively all over as Dale Dickson showed perseverance in netting at the third attempt when his first two efforts were blocked on the line.
The game concluded with no further scoring and the Trophy presentation was made by Andy Gilchrist, the Central Region’s football manager.

Alistair Borthwick of the SSFA organised events from the start of the competitions to their conclusion on Tuesday night and the usual support was offered by the Ochilview staff, in particular Mr Danny Paterson.