Street League are a football-based employability charity which utilises the football as an engagement tool to support unemployed 16-25 year olds into employment, education or training.
It runs weekly Street Football community sessions and 8-week structured employability academy programs.
Its community sessions offer a chance for people to take part in a fun football session, meet new people and receive one to one employability support.
Its 8-week employability and football academy's run every 3 months. Through participating in this program young people will;
• Take part in twice weekly professional football and fitness coaching sessions
• Develop leadership, communication, planning and coaching skills through the Community Sports Leadership Award Level 2
• Take part in weekly employability group work sessions
• Get one-to-one employability support
• Gain a week's work experience
• And gain Scottish FA Children's Early Touches, Community Sports Leadership Award and 6hr Emergency First Aid at Work Certificates
Currently it is running two Street Football community sessions in Edinburgh. These are on;
• Tuesday- 2-4pm at the Sighthill Poweleague
• Thursday- 2-4pm at Lochend YFC Academy
Its next employability academy will begin in October. It will invite young people to this academy from the Street Football community sessions.
If you're interested in attending one of our Street Football community sessions or have any further questions please contact Tom Scott- Youth & Community Coach via email at email@example.com or call: 07788 312 856.