In 2015, UEFA launched a special edition of the Research Grant Programme to support projects developed for, and in conjunction with, its member associations.
Following on from the success of this initiative, UEFA has retained the same format for this year’s award.
The UEFA Research Grant Programme was created to support the work of researchers studying for or already holding a PhD and analysing European football from the perspective of a variety of academic disciplines.
The Scottish FA is keen to support further academic pursuits and are seeking interested parties from academic institutions in Scotland to submit potential projects for consideration by our Research Committee.
The Scottish FA are keen to hear from researchers regarding projects in the following areas:
1. Equality and Diversity
2. Bridging the gap between academy and first team football
3. Benefits of football within the wider community
Interested parties are asked to refer to the following process:
- Submission of an expression of interest by the 11th November 2016. This should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of a 2-page summary by the 9th December 2016.
This document should be sent to: email@example.com and include the following:
- Brief outline of the project
- Proposed methodology
- Suggested timeline
- Status of ethical approval
The Scottish FA research committee will consider the initial applications. Successful applicants will be notified prior to Christmas. The projects identified will then be subject to the UEFA application process.
Final submission to UEFA is the 31st of March 2017.
More information can be found here
The following forms also provide further information about how to apply: