The Forth Valley Football Academy (FVFA) has some exciting coaching roles available for next season and is inviting applications from ambitious, enthusiastic and committed individuals who share a passion for elite youth development;
1. Childrens Head Coach- Children’s Licence holder or Childrens Level 4 holder to work within our U11s or U12s age group
2. Youth Coach- Youth Licence holder or Level 4 holder to work within our U13s-U17s programme
The FVFA was established in July 2013 as a 3 year pilot project and represents the first elite regional football academy in Scotland. The FVFA encompasses a partnership between three clubs- Falkirk FC, Stenhousemuir FC and East Stirlingshire FC, the Scottish FA and Stirling University. The academy aims to establish itself as one of the leading youth development programmes in Scotland, offering talented young players the chance to progress onto the very highest level within the game.
The Academy has been established in partnership with the Scottish FA as part of the national performance strategy. The principle aim of the national performance strategy is for Scotland to qualify regularly for major tournaments again.
It is hoped the development of Regional Academies such as the FVFA will help to create a best vs best programme within Club Academy Scotland. The FVFA are a 4 star ‘Elite’ level academy with age group teams at U11s-17s who participate within the ‘Elite’ tier (top 12 in Scotland) of Club Academy Scotland.
What the role offers
The roles are part-time for which coaches are paid monthly expenses as well as all of the following
1. The opportunity to be part of an exciting, new and innovative academy
2. Mentoring support and guidance from the academy staff
3. Use of state of the art facilities and equipment at the University of Stirling
4. A comprehensive professional support programme including sports science, strength and conditioning and medical provision to allow you to focus on the coaching
The commitment is 3 evening training sessions per week plus games on Saturdays (11s, 12s) or Sundays (13s-17s). To apply coaches must hold the relevant coaching qualification (Licence or level 4 age dependant).
To apply for any of the positions please notify the academy of your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of your qualifications, experience and coaching philosophy.
For more information please contact the academy on 01786 449194