As part of the UEFA Women's Under-19s Championship in Scotland, the Scottish FA are holding a Coaching CPD workshop. This will be split into two key topics:
SWNT at the FIFA Women's World Cup: Head Coach Debrief
Scotland Women's National Team Head Coach Shelley Kerr and Assistant Coach Andy Thomson will deliver a morning session, revisiting Scotland's participation in this summer's historic FIFA Women's World Cup. Shelley and Andy will share their assessments and give an insight into how they approached the tournament.
Elite Youth Coaching in a Scottish Context: Shaping the Performance Journey
This topic will take in the final of the Women's Under-19s Championship and will be delivered by a range of high quality speakers relevant to the girls and women's game. It will seek to present theory, stimulate debate and produce group work based on key areas of elite youth coaching specific to our own situation in Scotland. Areas addressed include:
- What is talent in the context of the Girls and Women's game in Scotland?
- Do we know what we are looking for in the present and future?
- How do we provide the best environment for developing talent at youth level based on the Scottish landscape?
Guest speakers include:
- Shelley Kerr – Scotland Women's National Team Head Coach
- Andy Thomson – Scotland Women's National Team Assistant Coach
- Kevin Murphy – Head of Women's Football at Heart of Midlothian FC
- Leanne Ross – 133 caps for Scotland and Sport Development at Clackmannanshire Council
- Donald MacNaughton – High Performance Coach
Ten hours of UEFA CPD will be awarded for attendance at this event. It takes place on Saturday, 27 July (9am–4pm) and Sunday, 28 July (10–2.30pm) at Hampden Park. The Final of the UEFA Women's Under-19s EUROs takes place at St Mirren Park on Sunday, 28 July at 4pm. The full weekend course cost is £60.
For further information on registering for this event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org