Little Big Shot Scottish FA Youth Cup Semi-Final
Celtic 6-0 Hibernian
Thursday 7th May 2015
Cappielow Park, Greenock

Celtic's Under 20 side sailed through to the final of the Little Big Shot Scottish FA Youth Scottish Cup with a very convincing win over Hibernian at Cappielow Park. The Hoops' dominance showed as Luke Donnelly netted four times and teammates Rory Currie and Fiacre Kelleher added to their total to send the Bhoys through and set up a glamour tie with Glasgow rivals Rangers at Hampden Par in the final.
Despite the final score, it was the Edinburgh side who had the first chance; the ball fell to Ben Stirling on the edge of the box, whose shot was parried by Jordan Hart, the ball found its way to Lewis Allen a few yards from goal but the striker was unable to capitalise.
However, ten minutes later, Celtic were ahead; full back Sam Wardrop broke free from his marker and played a neat through ball to Luke Donnelly who poked the ball into the bottom corner and finished with ease.
Two minutes later, Celtic doubled their lead; Calum Waters launched a free kick to the back post from the left and defender Fiacre Kelleher rose above the Hibs defence to guide the ball over Kleton Perntreou with his head.
It was to be a horrific six minutes for Hibs as they saw Rory Currie score Celtic’s third; Wardrop once again provided a fantastic cross and the striker was on hand to power the ball into the goal at the back post.
Celtic were able to add a fourth before half time too; Waters managed to evade his marker to cut in from the left and shoot, his shot was saved but fell to Donnelly who was clinical and smashes the ball into the top corner.
Hibs managed to hold on till half time and the referee brought an end to a bizarre first half; it was not a one sided affair by any means, but Celtic managed to take all four good chances they had and were very clinical in front of goal.

After my brief visit to the pie stall and both coaches speaking to their players, the teams came back out for the second half and Celtic began on the front foot; Waters forced an excellent low save by Perntreou from a free kick twenty-five yards from goal in which was surely one of the saves of the season by the Hibs goalkeeper.
The shot-stopper couldn’t keep out Celtic for long as they scored their fifth just on the hour mark; Wardrop stung the gloves of the keeper from range, and Donnelly was on hand to score the rebound and secure his hattrick.
The striker wasn’t finished yet however and scored his fourth and Celtic’s sixth fifteen minutes from time; Waters showed his prowess at set pieces and struck the frame of the goal from twenty-five yards out, the ball bounced on the line and Donnelly was able to bundle the ball over the line to give the Bhoys an extremely comfortable lead.
Hibs were to have the last chance of the match as Stirling met a Jordan Sinclair cross in the box but he was unable to direct his header towards the goal and the ball sailed wide. The match was then ended and Celtic’s place in the Little Big Shot Scottish FA Youth Cup Final was confirmed.