Forfar Athletic FC v Inverness CT

Kicking off the Scottish FA Youth Cup Second Round was Forfar Athletic against Inverness CT at Station Park on Friday 26th of September. Inverness began the better of the two sides, but failed to capitalise on their first half momentum. It ended up costing them their place in the cup, as Paul McLellan put the home side in front on 52 minutes with a delightful lobbed finish and The Loons held on valiantly for the remainder of the match.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland) 

Photo Gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Falkirk FC v Airdrieonians FC

Falkirk required penalties to see off a dogged Airdrieonians side at the Falkirk Stadium. With both sides goalless at half-time, it took until the 74th minute for Falkirk to open the scoring thanks to a Liam Rowan penalty. However, with seconds to go a Robert Wilson header drew the away side level and took the game to extra-time. There was more joy for the visitors when Kyle Richford put them in front, but they were also to be denied at the death. Scott Shepherd equalised for Falkirk to take it to penalties, before Ryan Blair finished off the final penalty to seal the Bairns place in the 3rd round.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland)

Photo Gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Inverurie Loco Works FC v Fraserburgh FC

In perhaps the most incredible result of the cup, Fraserburgh ended up triumphing over Inverurie by nine goals to seven. At half-time Inverurie were ahead 5-4 thanks to an own goal and finishes by Kyle Gordon, Joe McCabe, and a Dean Still brace. However, Fraserburgh added a further five goals to their tally in the second half with James Gibb grabbing four goals through-out the match for the away team.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland)

Photo Gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Spartans FC v Partick Thistle FC

Lowland league side Spartans FC defeated Partick Thistle at Ainslie Park with a 4-2 victory. George Hunter grabbed all four goals for the home side, with his hat-trick sealed before half-time. Partick Thistle grabbed themselves two late consolation goals thanks to Christopher Dillon and Lee Gallacher, but it was a case of too little, too late.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland)

Photo Gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Edinburgh City FC v Whitehill Welfare FC

Edinburgh City suffered defeat at the hands of Whitehill Welfare at Meadowbank. Daniel McKinlay opened the scoring while Jack Jardine made it 2-0 with ten minutes to go before half-time. Edinburgh battled back in the second half and reduced the deficit thanks to Mark Osborne, but McKinlay’s second goal restored Whitehill’s two goal lead. With twenty minutes to go the game sprung to life as McKinlay was shown a straight red, but despite all their efforts, Edinburgh couldn’t find another goal and a late own goal was salt in the ‘cup-exit’ wounds as Whitehill progressed 4-1.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland)

Photo gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Cove Rangers FC v Brora Rangers FC

Brora Rangers were described as pre-match ‘red hot favourites’ by Cove Rangers secretary Ian Armstrong, but it didn’t stop his side upsetting the books. In one of the closest matches of the round, a stunning strike by Craig Mackie was enough for Cove to edge through to the next round with a 1-0 victory.

Match report (via Youth Football Scotland)

Dalbeattie Star FC v Selkirk FC

Selkirk FC progressed over Dalbeattie Star in a seven goal thriller. The away side took an early 2-0 lead thanks to Liam Henderson and James Harley, but Kieran McCrudden reduced the deficit for Dalbeattie with 22 minutes played. Selkirk restored their two goal cushion ten minutes later thanks Kerr Scott, but once again Dalbeattie fought back and captain Craig Neill headed home to make it 3-2 at half time.

The second half wasn’t without incident either and with 61 minutes played Dalbeattie’s Gary Lord was sent off for an off the ball incident. Selkirk made the advantage count and seven minutes from full time Adonis Kapela grabbed their fourth of the match. Still Dalbeattie weren’t done there and McCrudden bagged his brace with two minutes to play, but it wasn’t enough as Selkirk eventually prevailed.

Photo Gallery (via Youth Football Scotland)

Ross Country v Aberdeen FC

Two first half goals were enough to seal victory for Aberdeen on their travels to Dingwall. With 38 minutes played Marcus Campanile slotted home from about 5 yards after a good ball in from Scott Wright down the left hand side. Their lead was then doubled two minutes later as Scott McKenna forced the ball home from a free-kick. A deserved victory for the Dons who will be a tough prospect for any side in this cup.

Annan Athletic FC v Threave Rovers FC

Annan Athletic put in a comprehensive performance as they defeated Threave Rovers. First half goals from James Gillan, Colyn Liddle, Robine Omar, and Scott Norman gave the Galabank side a 4-0 lead with 45 minutes played. The second half was played in a similar fashion with Scott Norman grabbing his second of the game, while Jordan Brown and Brandon Ford both scored to secure progression into the 3rd Round for the home side.

Huntly FC v Lossiemouth FC

It was plain sailing for the home side on Sunday as the cruised to a comfortable 10-0 victory over Lossiemouth. Four goals from Thomas Johnston put the home side into a commanding position at half-time and they added another six goals in the second half with Kieran Dey, Sam Harrison, Mathew Milne and a hat-trick from Liam Ferguson giving them an easy win.

Clachnacuddin FC (1990) v Keith FC

Two first half goals were enough for Clachnacuddin to see off Keith FC. Alan McTace grabbed the first goal on twenty minutes and with 37 minutes on the clock, Fraser Robertson sealed their progression to the 3rd Round of the cup.

Results Round-up

Forfar Athletic 1-0 Inverness
Falkirk FC 2-2 Airdrionians FC (Falkirk win 5-3 on penalties)
Inverurie Loco Works 7-9 Fraserburgh FC
Spartans FC 4-2 Partick Thistle
Edinburgh City FC 1-4 Whitehill Welfare FC
Cove Rangers FC 1-0 Brora Rangers FC
Dalbeattie Star FC 3-4 Selkirk FC
Ross County 0-2 Aberdeen
Annan Athletic 7-0 Threave Rovers FC
Huntly FC 10-0 Lossiemouth FC
Clachnacuddin FC (1990) 2-0 Keith FC
East Kilbride FC 3-2 Stenhousemuir FC
Montrose 1-3 Banks O’Dee FC